Monday 17 October 2011

Eden

Good morning all.

Brrrrrrrrr - it's getting colder, damp and grey. Feeling much better but I still have James home. He was sick (again) this morning so I have asked the doctor to have a look at him. It's definately not a bug as they don't last for days. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Spent yesterday just pottering around as I was feeling sorry for myself with the flu (well, someone has to lol) and decided to look through my stamps. I don't know about you but I have several stamps that I bought cos I absolutely loved them and then only used once for a card before storing them away in my stamp boxes. And there they sit, forgotten, unloved and gathering wool. So I have decided it's time to get rid of the ones I will NEVER use again (not an easy task as I am constantly going - "hm, I might use it again" knowing full well I won't) and use the stamps I am keeping more - maybe even cut down on buying stamps - nahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! And that's just my rubber - dread to have a look thro my digi files.

So for today I have used one of the neglected stamps for the 1st QUIXOTIC SKETCH CHALLENGE ..............



........... And I have used this adorable stamp from Belles'n'Whistles designed by the talented Elisabeth Bell. How this end up in the Lonely Stamps Club I have no idea but she's not going back hehe. Teamed her up with some lovely papers and it makes a super card for a toddler :).

MATERIALS USED

Eden from Belles'n'Whistles
Basic Grey "Kioshi" papers
Ribbon
Sentiment from Hero Arts "Adorable Baby Girl"

OTHER CHALLENGES

B'n'W Challenge - Use a favortite image (all my stamps are my favorites)
Stamptacular Sunday - You Choose

16 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is stunning, love the image and gorgeous colours, hugs pops x

Anonymous said...

AWW!!! Now this image is absolutely darling!! :) Yeah, I agree, ALL of my stamps are faves too...how can you pick just one?!!

Love the sentiments you've chosen to use with this image! Really darling card!! Thanks so much for joining in our Belles n’ Whistles Challenge! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Belles ‘n Whistles Designer

Heleen said...

Your card is already saying it... adorable, and that is what it is! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope to see you soon again.

Hugs,
Heleen

Céline said...

so sweet card
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Mette! I hope you and James are feeling better soon. My whole family is sick, too. Not fun! I just sold a bunch of old craft stuff today and it feels good. More money for new stuff. Teehee. :D

Elizabeth Hart said...

I just love that image of the little girl - it is so precious and makes a truly lovely card. Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Amy said...

Oh, she is adorable Mette and I love the design you've used with her...really lets her shine! Awesome card!

June Nelson said...

This is lovely Mette such acutie, and I do hope james is better today xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

This is totally FAB, The card design, colors and that very darling image are super!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Belles 'n Whistles this week.
Hugs,
Lynda

Alina said...

lovely card, Mette, and very sweet image!
thank you for joining us at Quixotic Paperie!
hugs, Alina

Elise said...

Absolutely precious! Love the soft color combo! Thank you for joining us at BnW~

Hugs,
Elise

PetraB said...

This is so darling and cute.

Mary J said...

Oh Mette, this is so pretty! I love how you've softly coloured her and matched with those papers!

Love what you've done with my sketch over at Quixotic Paperie - thanks for joining us!

Mary J x

Sandy said...

Beautiful, love your cutie pie and the lovely soft colours,
Sandy

http://joy-sandyscreations.blogspot.com/2011/10/lady-with-wine.html#comments

Lou Mac said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the soft, subtle colours and the pinking edge on your ribbon!!

Thanks for joining us over at Quixotic for our 'Sketch Challenge' this month.

xo Lou Mac ~ QP Designer.

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge. Kim