Thursday 14 April 2011

Picking Apples



Good evening all.

Brrrrr - it's gone rather cold again here in the UK. The heating is back on and the winter coats get another airing.
Tomorrow the easter holidays start here in Derbyshire which means I shall have my kids home for the next 2 weeks. This means buying in more food (teenage boys eat like elephants - all the time), I shall also have to negotiate between them as to who's go it is on the computer (yes, I will definately loose out in that discussion) and trying to make sure Phoebe doesn't get bored.
Don't know if any of you have had this problem but in the last few days I have been re-thinking my card-making and stamping and where I want to go with this. I usually get a stamp/digital image because I like them - not really thinking about how much use I will get from it. This has resulted in a lot of boxes full and PC files full of images which never get used. So I have sat down and written a short list of my favorite stamp companies and will stick with those in the future. However, my neglected images will be given an airing as it's a shame to just ignore them. I have also been thinking about my own style of cards but not finished that thought yet lol.

Anyways, this image was one of the first stamps I bought in 2008 (I believe I gave it to myself as a birthday gift hehe). I don't think she's available anymore but she's lovely. Used Prisma pencils for colouring.

MATERIALS USED

Picking Apples by Elisabeth Bell
Various DP
Embroidery String
Button
Gems
Whiff of Joy Sentiment

CHALLENGES

B'n'W Challenge - Blue/Green/White
Stamp with fun - Sketch
Paper Sundae - Childhood memories

Thank you for dropping in and hope you have a lovely evening, Mette

9 comments:

kuya said...

You came up with a beautiful card! I hope it'll bring back that wonderful warm spring we had just a few days ago. It's so cold over here in Germany again as well *shivers*

Thanks for joining us at Stamp with fun this week and good luck!

~ Heike

cheryl said...

oh this is one,beautiful card hun love that image,and great colors too its cold here too hun had the heating back on,hugs cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! She's so very sweet!! Gorgeous job with the color combo and beautiful layout too!! Thanks for joining us at the Belles n' Whistles challenge!! Smiles, Vicki

Fiona said...

this is so sweet...love the subtle colours you have used. Thanks for joining us this week at Paper sundaes.

Fi

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Mette, what a beautiful card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Elise said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love this image .. so soft and sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!

Hugs,
Elise

Lynda Nielsen said...

Ohhh how precious... Your soft shades of color, and this adorable little girl. You're card is so delicate. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Belles 'n Whistles.
Hugs,
Lynda

Iris Wiechmann said...

Oh how lovely! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks for playing with us at BnW! Good luck!

Hugs,
Iris

Kruemel said...

This is so cute love the softness of your coloring!

A really beautiful card - love your layout and pick of papers!

Thanks for joining us at BnW Challenges this fortnight!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel